The 72 Point hub revealed today their top 50 jokes! How important is it that your man makes you laugh? How important is that you have the same sense of humour? He loves Family Guy, but you don’t get the jokes, you love Friends but he can’t stand Monica. Is it a deal breaker if you can’t share a funny moment? ‘I love to kick back with my fella and throw on an episode of The Big Bang Theory, which we have both seen so many times before but we still laugh at it, most importantly-together.’
Of all the girls in the office, every one said that their man had to make them laugh or their relationship would suffer.
‘I love my partner’s sense of humour, when things get serious, he lets out his childish side and it reminds me that we are just kids paying at a grown-ups game.’
Laughter is not only important in the initial stages of a relationship but also to maintain it through your entire life together.
Humour can dissipate any awkwardness and embarrassment in the initial dating stages but also acts as a device to keeps things alive in the latter stages of your partnership.
Just like a common interest, a good sex life and similar morals, humour binds a couple positively. Hearing anyone laugh can be contagious but hearing your partner laugh reaffirms that you still have that special way of getting to him, more than anyone else.
Humour can diffuse arguments, help you look on the bright side when things are not going to plan and gloss over any differences that you might have.
It allows you to be more creative because your playful side is also inventive and so you will have new experiences with one another, all spurred on by a bit of sniggering!
‘I love it when I can make my partner laugh, he gets me and I can tell jokes that I wouldn’t dare to anyone else!’
Laughing is sexy, it attracts people when you have a big smile on your face or are exercising your chuckle muscle, people will gravitate towards you when they hear it.
It improves your mood, so helps you to feel less stressed, worried and anxious about things. It lowers your blood pressure, boosts the immune system, relaxes the muscles and helps reduce pain according to research so you will be a happy healthy couple if you laugh together often!
So if you haven’t made you partner laugh in a while, or you have not tried all of the below out on your partner, this list proves that you have at least 50 reason to be funny with your special someone this weekend! Many from you favourite faces in comedy!
1. “I met a Dutch girl with inflatable shoes last week, phoned her up to arrange a date but unfortunately she’d popped her clogs.” Peter Kay
2. “Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off.” – Tommy Cooper
3. “Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It’s either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it’s Colin.” Tommy Cooper
4. “I went to a restaurant that serves ‘breakfast at any time’. So I ordered ‘French Toast during the Renaissance.” Peter Kay
5. “Being an England supporter is like being the over-optimistic parents of the fat kid on sports day.” John Bishop
6. “We are in the stickiest situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” Rowan Atkinson
7. “I can hear music coming out of my printer. I think the paper’s jammin’ again.” Unknown Origin
8. “I believe in equality. Equality for everybody. No matter how stupid they are or how superior I am to them.” Steve Martin
9. “I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel.” Rowan Atkinson
10. “You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen; it said ‘Parking Fine.’ So that was nice.” Tim Vine
11. “20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please don’t let Kevin Bacon die!” Bill Murray